Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 3










Hello!!! So I'm updating tonight and it might be the last for a few days, I'm not sure if we'll have internet at the lodge in Yosemite, which is where we're headed tomorrow!




Today was the first day of our tour, and boy was it packed with stuff to do. We woke up around 7ish and got ready to get some breakfast, and then we were on the bus at 8. First we toured around San Francisco for a couple of hours and got see all the different areas. We saw the city hall which was so beautiful! It was a huge huge building in the middle of town and it was just gorgeously decorated with gold and blue.



Then, we headed over to the Golden Gate bridge and finally got to drive over it! It was so cool I always remember watching Full House and seeing that big orange bridge in the beginning of the show and now I'm driving over it and taking a picture of it up close!



After we headed across the Golden Gate bridge, we took a quick rest stop and then headed to Napa Valley, (aka WINE COUNTRYYY). We went to Cline Cellars and it was really pretty and my parents and Mike got to taste about nine different wines (I smelled 'em) and we had some really good cheese. That lasted for a little bit and then we went into Sonoma and took a two hour lunch break. There were lots of little shops and places to eat. There was this really cool store that was all imported products from all exotic countries. I got a painted leather ring from Africa there! It's so pretty. We got some food at a place called Mary's and it was pretty good. Then we hopped back on the bus to head back to San Francisco. I fell asleep on the bus because I was wiped out... but I was recharged by the time I got to San Francisco I was all set for the boat tour! We hopped on a cruise boat and we went into the San Francisco Bay for a windy and chilly, but interesting, tour of the Bay and San Francisco's coast. We drove underneath the Golden Gate Bridge which was SO COOL! Then we passed by the island of Alcatraz which was a big prisoners island. Then we got back to the wharf and went to dinner at a really yummy restaurant where me and mom had Dungeonous crab, calamari, clams, mussels and shrimp and Michael had fried calamari and dad had veal. Everything was great! We finished up dinner with some chocolate ice cream and Mike got creme brule. So now we are back in the hotel and watching some TV and relaxing.



So... goodnight! And I hope to talk to you guys soon!






Again, here's the link to more pictures : http://www.flickr.com/photos/kategoestocali

No comments: